Tuesday, March 3, 2015

German Bliss

You know when you are married to a farmer when you get packages and parts delivered to your house multiple times a week.  The number of shipments varies on projects that are currently being worked on.

Sometimes I am notified of these deliveries via forwarded email from my husband, Travis, with the sales receipt for bookkeeping purposes.  I can tell when he is on a parts shopping spree when I receive lots of these emails with in a couple of hours, as has happened more recently with spring right around the corner.

Shipping & receiving in our garage.

Sometimes the company names are familiar as he has ordered from them many times.

Sometimes the company names are generic and inconspicuous.

Sometimes the companies have unique names and are quite clever.

Then there are times where I have to do a complete double take and wonder if our credit card has been compromised: German-Bliss.

SAY WHAT?!

Now, I don't think that I would be the first wife in history to be a little concerned as to the contents of what that order may entail.  I clicked on that email right way to find out Travis had ordered (you know, just in case I needed to contact the credit card company for a breach in security).

I apologize for the small size.

No worries...just some random parts for the GEHL skid steer (spring, pin, etc.).

GEHL Skid Steer

I don't know what is with this particular piece of equipment, but we had some work done on it shortly after Travis purchased it (because it turned out to be a used piece of junk...but I didn't tell you that).

Guess what the place was called?

Big John's!

I just can't make this stuff up.


Paranoid and Neurotic,
Dana


P.S. In case you are wondering the skid steer is now fully operational and works like a charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment