Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Agvocate

It's week is National Agriculture Week!

Don't worry, I'm not going to do themed posts every week based on whatever ag-based proclamation we are celebrating.  My Farm Bureau posts from last week showed me what it was like to be a full-time blog writer.  I haven't spent that much time in front of a computer since I quit my job in the city (aside from bookkeeping).  I think I started to develop carpel tunnel.

When I started this blog back in 2011, it was to keep my family and friends informed of our new life on the farm.  In fact, it was two of my college friends (and many others later) that convinced me I needed to record our everyday activities because they thought it was just hilarious that Dana, the city girl, was moving to the rural plains of North Dakota...to a FARM!

I became a self-taught blog writer, picking up things I liked from other blogs that I frequently read.  My last writing class was English 101/2 in college, and fortunately for you I refuse to write my posts in APA style - your welcome.

I have gained some great mentors that have encouraged me to take the next step. Never did I think that people would actually enjoy reading about things that I found interesting and unique about agriculture and our rural lifestyle.  While I still consider my readership to be relatively small, things are just about to get bigger.

Today, I am officially going LIVE!

I am pressing the little button that allows the Google search engine to find my blog.  The blog has been public to whoever types in the blog address, but now I am allowing people to find me based on the content within the blog.  I'm not sure if it will have any immediate affect, but we shall see.

I'm not one for titles, but they do describe who I have been and who I am now: city girl, college-grad, yuppie, wife, mom, farmer-in-training, farmer, writer, agvocate.

Agriculture + Advocate = Agvocate

Circa 2013 - The year I learned to drive a tractor.

You can also find me on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

Stay tuned,
Dana


P.S.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I'm not Irish.  I'm not wearing green.  But this blog is called "The GREEN Acres Report."  As a farmer I bleed green like the fields of plants that we tend.  And not necessarily John Deere green.

No comments:

Post a Comment