Monday, January 6, 2014

Bring It On


I said: Brr, it's cold in here!  There must be some Bison in the at-mos-phere!


Saturday marked a date in the history books.  The North Dakota State University Bison football team won their third FCS National Championship in just as many years.  3-peat baby: 2011, 2012, & 2013!  If that wasn't enough, they had an undefeated season as well.


I am a proud Bison alumna, but that is as excited as I got about the game this year. Levi and I have colds, so during the afternoon game I put Charlie in front of the tablet and the rest of us took naps.  I didn't even listen to the game on the radio.  I was informed that we had won via Facebook.

Travis had gone to Fargo to watch the game since we choose not to have cable at the farm.  When he went out to lunch he said it was like a ghost town.  It seems as if everyone went to Texas to watch the game in-person.  The weather there was much warmer than North Dakota.

This weekend's weather was frigid.  Today it is worse - like record breaking low temperatures!

It is dangerously cold.  Schools are cancelled throughout the state.  It is supposed to be -25 degrees Fahrenheit below zero; -50 with the wind chill.  Your skin can get frostbite in less than 5 minutes.  Hypothermia sets in just as quick.

I would tell you what it feels like to be outside in this weather, but I don't know.  I haven't stepped outside since Saturday, and don't plan to until sometime tomorrow...or Wednesday when the high is supposed to be somewhere around -5 for a high.  I set the garbage bag in the garage and that was enough for me.

I said: oh e oh e oh...
Ice. Ice. Ice.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment