Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Waiting Game

Today is Thanksgiving Day 2013.  Today is also Baby #3's due date, and he has yet to make an appearance.

Thanksgiving Day is full of food, family, and football.  In just over an hour we'll be heading over to my sister-in-law's house for a great meal and time together.  I'm sure that there will be some football on the television in my brother-in-law's man cave.

I'm really not all that surprised that I am still pregnant.  Charlie was just a day early, and Levi was 5 days late.

Of course, there was wishful thinking these past couple weeks that maybe I'd get to deliver sooner rather than later.  I was doing everything in my power to push things along:

-I never followed the doctor's recommendation to lift anything over 30 pounds (Levi alone is more than that).  Ha!  So laughable.

-I was Travis's farmhand in the field up until 37 weeks, at which point it became just too exhausting for me to spend 8 hours straight in a tractor doing tillage and then pick up the boys and battle the dinner and bedtime routine.

-I completed my list of small projects that I wanted to get done before the baby arrived like cleaning out my sad case of a garden, moving items from storage in the garage to the barn, and getting our farm bookkeeping completely up-to-date.  I even put up the Christmas tree.

-I have consumed enough spicy food to put a Cinco de Mayo menu to shame.

38 weeks - "Clearly not a secret"

This baby has been locked in there tight.

At my appointment on Tuesday the doctor said that I since I have such normal, textbook-like pregnancies and deliveries they will not suggest inducing until I am at 41 weeks...as in December.

Maybe this turkey will decide to make an appearance this Thanksgiving Day.  Maybe I could loose 10 pounds instead of just gaining 10 pounds like every other American.

And so, we wait...ever so patiently.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment