Saturday, August 11, 2012

Farmiversary

Today is our one year farming anniversary, or “farmiversary” if you will.

It has been one year since Travis and I packed up the family apartment and moved from the metropolis to the middle of no-where.  Well, I did all of the packing.  Travis was going to North Dakota every weekend until we “officially” moved to help is dad and mom with the farming (and I am a control freak and need to know where everything is at all times).  We all love living on the farm and the closeness and flexibility (not so much during harvest) that it provides for us as family.


It has been one year since I have worked a “real,” full-time job to become a stay-at-home mom.  I left my job as a facility space planner (which the majority of people still have no idea as to what it entails) at a corporate medical device manufacturer.  I really don’t miss having a job, but I still feel that the career I had then chosen was a good fit for me.  I talked about the woes and joys of motherhood here, but I couldn't be happier with my decision to leave.  Someday I’ll have a new career – one that involves tractors.  I’m already receiving training on it daily.

Me standing in a combine hopper.

It has been exactly one year since I wrote my first post on this blog.  I really enjoy writing on the blog.  It is an outlet for my creative side since crafting of any type would be a major disaster with my two boys.  For those of you who read it I’d like to send a very big thank you!  I hope that you enjoy a peak into our lives and find it as amusing as I do.  And maybe you learn just a factoid or two about agriculture!



This weekend also marks Levi’s 18-month birthday!  I guess that I should stop calling him “Baby.”

Here’s to the next year (and more potty training)!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment