Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pigs in Mud

Remember way back when I wrote Warsh Yer Hands?  Yeah, the dirtiness gets worse.

Today while I was watering the garden, Charlie decided that he needed to water the driveway.  This is not unusual.  He is obsessed with playing with the water hose, which is usually strung about our front yard as it is used to fill up the tanks in our water trailer for spraying.  I’ll explain more on that some other time.

Anyways, Charlie also likes to take care of his business out on the front lawn.  I have chosen not to fight this so long as he his not having accidents - and he is a farm boy after all.

I came out of the house to find him playing in the yard with his pants around his ankles and not a care in the world.  He apparently forgot to pull his pants back up or he just liked to feel the breeze.  Thankfully we don’t have neighbors close by, so I went about my watering the garden with Levi’s assistance.  Eventually Levi got bored with me and went to check out what his brother was doing.

The part of the driveway that Charlie was playing is partially blocked by eyesight, but within ear-shot.  I could hear them playing together nicely – should have been a dead giveaway that they were getting into trouble.  I finished up the watering and walked over to find this.


Me: What is going on?!

Charlie:  We are playing in the mud.

Me:  I see that.  How did the mud get there?

Charlie:  I turned on the hose.

Me:  Are you supposed to turn the water on the hose?

Charlie:  (avoiding conflict)  Oh, Mom, it’s no problem.


I told myself over and over again while hyperventilating decided it wasn’t a problem and let them continue to play in the mud hole for a couple more minutes.


Until Levi started licking the mud off his face.



I proceeded to pick him up with my arms extended away from my body and carried him into the garage (not an easy feat with a toddler), and striped him down to get into the bathtub.

All I have to think about this is: and you think that your kids get dirty?!  Just think of me...This happens to me everyday, but fortunately not always to this extent.



My boys are like pigs in mud on this farm – literally – and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Dana

2 comments:

  1. The expression on Levi's face in the first picture is priceless! I am going to need to loosen up about dirt (among other things) as the mother of boys. Oh my!
    Strukelmeyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is something I thought I would never see, you a type A and all. Good job Charlie and Levi, keep training your mother.

    BP

    ReplyDelete