Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Birds

I cannot watch horror movies.  No way.  No how.

I cannot take the suspense, the eerie music and the usually gory footage.  I am on the edge of my seat at all times just waiting to have the sh*! scared out of me.  Then after the movie, my heart does not stop racing for days.  I have nightmares.

I have been known to scream in movie theaters.  Actually, I think that this only happened once, and it was not even during a horror film.  Travis and I don’t go out to very many movies, or even watch them at home for that matter.  However, after I screamed out load during a suspenseful scene in Spiderman years ago (I don’t remember which one), we determined that we need to be more selective on which movies I am allowed to see in public.

Due to my skittish nature, I haven’t seen very many horror films.  The Blair Witch Project, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho and Scream, are the ones that have scarred my memory I can remember (and am now going to have nightmares tonight just thinking about them).

Even when I hear people talking about horror movies I get nervous.  If a trailer comes on the television I usually have to press mute (or cover my ears and sing to myself) and put my head under a blanket…happy thoughts, happy thoughts…there is no scary movie.  Needless to say, Halloween is not a good time for me.

The other day Levi and I were playing outside when he encountered his first reenactment from a horror film.  Charlie and his grandma had just left to bring lunch (akaa snack that is the size of a lunch) to Travis and his dad in the field.  He is getting more aware of when Charlie gets to go on these special outings, and just glared at his grandma as she got into the car.

We were playing in the driveway when some birds began to have a fighting match…or something.  I have never seen the movie The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock, but I can safely say he nor I ever will.

And yes, he needs a haircut, but I’m not ready for that yet.  Enjoy the movie!


video

Dana

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! I am right there with you with horror movies :) Your little guy is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete