Monday, April 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  We had a great time with Travis’s side of the family, all near the farm.  I needed a day to recover from the non-stop action.  All of that candy can really make the kids crazy!

On Good Friday, I made these delicious Hot Cross Buns – from scratch!  I didn’t happen to get a picture before we ate them, but you can just reference the link for how good they looked…or didn’t look.

I made the glaze too runny, so it came out of the bag way too fast when making the “crosses”.  However, I can assure you it did not affect the taste!  I think that I immediately ate three of them.  They are definitely going to become a new Easter tradition!

On Saturday, my sister-in-law, her mother-in-law, my nieces, Travis’s grandma and mom, all came to the farm to decorate Easter eggs.  Charlie was very excited to see the process.  I had him take his shirt off just as precaution.


Levi got to watch from the security of his high chair…security for me.  He may look sweet and innocent, but that kid likes to get into trouble!


The kids had a great time dyeing the eggs, and I am surprised that it kept Charlie’s attention through all four eggs that we had allotted him. At one point I wasn’t paying attention and he grabbed one of the un-dyed eggs from the carton and dropped Hail Mary’d it into a cup of dye.  I about had a heart attack, but luckily it really didn’t make a mess.

Here are the dyed eggs!  Beautiful!


Charlie even got to add some stickers to his eggs.  Stickers are this preschooler’s favorite craft project.  This is the look he gave me when I asked him to smile.  I obviously was breaking his concentration.


Just add an eye roll and you’ll know that he’s my child.

The rest of the day was spent playing, as usual.  The boys do play together quite often, which involves me breaking up a lot of quarrels, but boys will be boys.


And this is how Charlie’s pants look a majority of the time now that he is no longer wearing diapers.  The diapers must have helped to keep his pants up.  I ask him if he would like to pull up his pants, and his response is always, “Oh, Mom, we don’t need to do that.”  I tell him that sagging his pants is soooo ten years ago.  He has usually moved on by then and is completely ignoring me…

Which brings us to Easter morning.

Charlie’s routine is to wake up and come into the master bedroom to wake us up.  Thankfully this is typically around 7am, and not 5am.  Now that he is learning to use the toilet, we rush him into the bathroom right away to relieve himself (even though is still wearing a diaper at night). 

Well, Travis took Charlie to use the bathroom and did not put the diaper or underwear on him after going potty.  He also left his pajamas unzipped.


This is one of the few photos of Charlie discovering his Easter basket in which his “member” is not in plain view.  I don’t know how I didn’t notice it while taking the photos, but mornings are not my sharpest time of the day.

We went to church and then had Easter meal at my sister-in-law and brother-law’s house.  After dinner we went outside for an egg hunt.

And they’re off!


I may or may not be eating the pretzel M&M’s that scattered out of Charlie’s first egg.  He thought that he needed to open every one immediately to discover its contents.  After about five eggs he began to understand that he just needed to fill his bucket and then we would go inside to open them.  He also mooned everyone.


Levi did a great job of picking up the eggs that his brother and cousins passed right by.


The kids had a lot of fun, but were ready to get inside.  It was windy out there!



Oh, and there was candy to eat.



Hoppy Easter, everyone!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment