Monday, September 12, 2011

Burnt Out

Burnt out.  Fizzled.  Fried.

This past week I was a little exhausted from the move.  As of Saturday, we had been in North Dakota as a family for one month to the date, and I had been cleaning, unpacking, and organizing ever since.  Almost every free moment had been spent on something related to the move.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am very "Type A."  Everything is usually fairly organized and has it's "place."  But when you uproot from your home and have to move into a new one, it is daunting.  The time it takes to unpack is just as much if not more than when you meticulously threw everything into boxes.

So I decided to take a break and cut myself some slack, and just enjoy life on the farm as it should be, sans move.

We spent the last week doing a lot of this...




I promise we only stayed in our pajamas until noon, and that was only one day.  I said I promise!




Fortunately we have had such great weather that we get to go outside often and do activities like this...




Who doesn't love a beach ball sprinkler?!  I'll tell you who:  Levi.  We'll try again next year.


Speaking of next year, please ignore the landscaping.  Hopefully that will be dealt with next spring...or when I learn to use the Bobcat.




Happy baby!  This deck could become a problem once he starts crawling.  It'll probably be too cold to go out by then.




Charlie loves visiting Travis in the field, but sandals are not recommended footwear for wheat stubble.




This is what Levi gets to do while we are waiting for Charlie to finish up his tractor ride.  I have yet to hear of a three-seat tractor, but they may just have to invent one for these two boys.


Oh, and there were a lot of these...




For those of you that don't recognize what is going on in this picture, someone is having a tantrum.  Charlie is well into his "terrible two's."  Some days are worse than others, but you can definitely notice that he is demanding striving for his independence.

But overall he is still a sweet boy and I love getting to spend my days with him!




What am I, chopped liver?!




You can't really tell from the photo, but yes, he is eating grass.  Mmm, fiber.


So here is to a slightly more "productive" week, but only slightly, because what is the fun in getting too much done?!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment