Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goodbye City Life

You may recall a show called “Green Acres.”  I’ve never seen it.  It was aired way before I was born. 

However, everyone and their sister has been humming the tune or singing the lyrics of the theme song to me ever since I informed them of our family’s future plans to move to the farm, so I am pretty much an expert and have it memorized.

Here are the “Green Acres” opening credits and the lyrics in case you don’t know them or need a refresher…


Green acres is the place to be
Farm living is the life for me
Land spreading out, so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside

New York is where I'd rather stay
I get allergic smelling hay
I just adore a penthouse view
Darling, I love you, but give me Park Avenue

The chores!
The stores!
Fresh air!
Times Square!

You are my wife
Goodbye city life

Green Acres, we are there!


The line “goodbye city life” seems to hit home right now…

Goodbye to the conveniences of city life.
Hello to the isolation simplicity of country life.
Goodbye high-speed internet.
Hello dial-up…(hopefully not for long).
Goodbye rush-hour traffic and road construction.
Hello to being stuck behind a tractor on a gravel road…when it hasn’t washed out.
Goodbye to changes in elevation.
Hello wind.
Goodbye Target…you will truly be missed (muffled sobbing)…
Hello…Walmart?  What, there is no Walmart?!  What is Alco?

Anyways, welcome to my new blog.  I’m not sure how often I’ll post, or what I’ll be posting about, but many of you have been pestering encouraging me to keep you informed of our life at the farm.

Welcome to our life at Green Acres.

Dana

4 comments:

  1. This is great Dana - hope the first few days are treating you well. Can't wait to hear more about how country life is treating you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,
    Love it. I am excited to read your new blog and hear about your farm adventures!!

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this next exciting chapter in your life Dana! I can't think of a better way to raise a family than on a farm in the country. Looking forward to hearing more!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im still looking forward to my tractor ride! Good pictures and great blogging. looking forward to reading and seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete